Water policy briefing Thursday at Donovan Pavilion in Vail
Business community invited to discuss water policy principles
Contacts: Diane Johnson, Eagle River Water & Sanitation District, 970-477-5457
Alison Wadey, Vail Chamber & Business Association, 970-477-0075
Gov. John Hickenlooper ordered
work to begin on the statewide water plan in May 2013; a draft is due to the Governor’s Office no later than Dec. 10, 2014, with the final plan complete by December 2015.
Business leaders have developed statewide business community water policy principles
to be part of Colorado’s Water Plan and are seeking regional input to finalize the principles. Working through local business chambers, this statewide initiative seeks local feedback on the principles, which address the business and economic development needs of Colorado.
Thursday’s speakers include:
· Tom Binnings of Summit Economics will discuss the economics of water from a statewide perspective.
· Linn Brooks with Eagle River Water & Sanitation District will share local water operations and policy, and discuss needs in the Eagle and Colorado River basins
· Chris Treese of the Colorado River District
will highlight issues facing the Colorado River within Colorado and beyond state borders.
· James Eklund, executive director of the Colorado Water Conservation Board – the state agency tasked with drafting the Colorado Water Plan.
· Bryan Blakely of Accelerate Colorado and Mizraim Cordero of the Colorado Competitive Council will discuss the business community water policy principles.
To ensure enough food for attendees, please RSVP to the Vail Chamber & Business Association at email@example.com
or 970-477-0075 by tomorrow