Prepare for great tunes and fun times at Ford Park every Tuesday night this summer, as Bud Light Hot Summer Nights (a project of the Vail Valley Foundation) returns to Vail! All concerts are FREE, begin at 6:30pm and feature a great time for all ages. TONIGHT kicks off the Vail International Dance Festival with the 8150 Urban Dance Challenge. Check out the full line-up:
This urban-inspired dance competition will feature six crews and four pairs of B-boys from all over the state, who will then be judged by top-tier professionals from the hip-hop dance community. The crews and B-boys will compete for cash prizes and a spot to perform at the Vail International Dance Festival’s Dance TV performance on Saturday, August 9. The first place crew will be awarded $1,200 and the second place crew will receive $400. The first place B-boy team will win $600, while second place winner will walk away with $400.
• Competing Crews: Academy of Raw, COhe, Droid Fam, The Other Guys, The Janes, and Side by Side.
• Competing Bboys: Alex & Bobby representing Worm Tank Crew, Jacob & Vee representing Soul Mechanics, Chase & Fuad representing Dance2Live, Yuta & Terry representing Amida Crew.
• Emilio “Stretch” Austin is one of the godfathers of hip-hop and social dance. Stretch’s resume includes big names like Michael Jackson’s “Remember the Time’”, and Will Smith’s “Men In Black” and “Getting Jiggy Wit It”.
• Moncell “ill Kozby” Durden has taught dance and hip-hop philosophy around the world. He has been associated with the legendary Electric Boogaloos, Rocksteady Crew, Rennie Harris Puremovement and Mop-Top Crew.
• Chris “Pharside” Jennings is an artistic director whose credentials include Hip-Hop International 2012 USA Champion, America’s Best Dance Crew Season 2, and Americas Got Talent Season 7. Pharside Represents: HeadBangerZ, Machine Gone Funk, MopTop, Renegade Rockers and most famously, Academy of Villains.
• Ronnie “Ruen” Navarro is currently one of the most influential B-boys in the scene and has won prestigious titles globally for more than a decade. Ruen has also performed commercially and with top recording artists such as the Black Eyed Peas and KRS 1.
While in Vail, dancers will also participate in community outreach at local youth programs. On Monday July 14, crews will visit the Youth Foundations’ Power Hours programs to perform and teach class. Later that evening, dancers will gather at Studio 8100 for master classes taught by 8150 UDC judges, Moncell Durden and Chris Jennings.