The Zephyr is looking for the right person to serve as our Manager at the Edwards Farmer’s Market this summer!
The Market Manager is responsible for the operation of the Market every Saturday from June 14th through September 13th.
The Market Manager is the “go-to” person for vendors and consumers during market hours. Those hours are from 7:30am to 2:30pm. The Market relies on the manager to be its liaison with and between all parties served by the Market. The Manager is required to be on site at the Market each and every Saturday.
Manager is required to be available for cell phone contact with EFM operators on market day and for regular email contact throughout the duration of their employment. The Manager must be willing to work outdoors and to safely lift and carry 50 pounds. The position requires the ability to work independently as well as inter-dependently with a team of other staff members.
Manager duties may vary and will be determined by the needs of both consumers and vendors at the Market. Generally, the Market Manager is responsible for the following activities:
- Develops good working relationship with vendors and consumers
- Helps develop Market rules and policies
- Provides vendors with market-related information, conflict resolution and any assistance as needed
- Enforce Market rules and allocate booth spaces at Market
- Occasionally assist vendors in set-up and personal breaks when needed
- Set-up areas for dining and music when necessary
- Arrives 1.5 hours before Market opens to coordinate market set-up and stays at Market until all vendors have left.
- Ensures safety and cleanliness of the site before, during and at the conclusion of each market.
- Places directional signs and promotional signs at Market.
- Report in weekly to EFM operators
- Perform other duties necessary to support the Market
The ideal candidate will have an interest in agriculture, food and the local community. She or he must be reliable, friendly, self-motivated and have access to a vehicle.
This is a part-time seasonal position and requires managing market operations for 7 hours on Market days- Saturdays. There may be some hours required on non-market days.
Compensation: $18 to $25 dollars per hour.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Applicants may also send resume to: Tony Mauro email@example.com 275 Main Street Edwards, CO. 81632